Li Fei scraps visit to Hong Kong; Graft investigation results on former CE will soon be out; Canadian lawmakers hear Hong Kong veteran democratic campaigner. Photo Credit: Chris Lusher
Investigation into Ex-CE has reached “final stage”, says Secretary for Justice.
– Secretary for Justice Rimsky Yuen said investigation Donald Tsang has reached its “final stage” and the authorities will soon decide whether to charge the former CE for alleged graft
– ICAC’s Simon Peh refused to comment on the investigation progress, but stated that more time may still be needed to trace sources overseas
Lau Kong Wah attends Sham Shui Po District Council meeting.
– Undersecretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Lau Kong Wah attended (in Chinese) Sham Shui Po DC meeting yesterday on a mission to promote the political reform
– The DC approved a motion to support the reform in an all-Yes vote as Pan-dem councillors boycotted the meeting
ExCo approvals CUHK’s plan to build a Teaching Hospital.
– The ExCo has approved the CUHK’s proposal (in Chinese) to build a Non-profitable Teaching Hospital with a symbolic land price of HK$1000
– It is estimated that the project will cost HK$6 billion, of which HK$4 billion worth of Government loans will have to be approved by the Financial Committee
– The hospital is expected to provide more than 500 beds and is targeting middle class
Pan-dems joint manifesto backfire as Beijing official scraps Hong Kong trip.