Gov’t sets up Committee on Promotion of Organ Donation; SHK sharpshooter named boss of Auxiliary Police Force.
Government established 19-strong Committee on Promotion of Organ Donation
After showing concern in the past half year or so over a low organ donation rate in Hong Kong, the Government finally decided to establish the Committee on Promotion of Organ Donation to “will co-ordinate and integrate relevant work by different government departments and organisations to augment public education and publicity”.
Members of the Committee were appointed by the Secretary for Food and Health for a period of two years with effect from April 15, 2016.
The Committee is chaired by Undersecretary for Food and Health Sophia Chan Siu-chee (陳肇始) (former medical professor and anti-smoking researcher) with 14 non-official members and 4 ex-officio members.
- Dr Chak Wai-leung (翟偉良), President of the Hong Kong Society of Transplantation Council
- Ms Patricia Chang Yuk-kam (鄭玉琴), Vice-Chairman of the Hong Kong Transplant Sports Association
- Dr Chau Ka-foon (周嘉歡) of Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Mr Chua Hoi-wai (蔡海偉), Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Council of Social Services
- Ms Jenny Koo (古慧敏) of Queen Mary Hospital
- Mr James Lam Yat-fung (林日豐), Chairman of the Hong Kong Subsidized Secondary Schools Council
- Mr Paul Law Siu-hung (羅少雄), President of the International Professional Insurance Association (國際專業保險諮詢協會)
- Dr Donald Li Kwok-tung (李國棟), President of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine
- Mrs Gloria Ng Wong Yee-man (吳王依雯), former Hospital Authority Board member
- Dr Peter Pang (彭志宏), Plastic Surgery Doctor
- Ms Josephine Pang Tsui Mei-wan (彭徐美雲), Chairwoman of the International Women’s League
- Dr Louis Shih Tai-cho (史泰祖), President of the Hong Kong Medical Association
- Mr Sze Wing-hang (施榮恆), former Chairman (2014/2015) of the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals
- Mr Joseph Tam Sik-yeung (譚錫揚), TVB Director (Corporate Communications) and former Assistant Director of Information Services Department
Former SHK sharpshooter appointed as Auxiliary Police Commandant – that is, the boss.
Yang Joe-tsi (楊祖賜) was named the Commandant of the Hong Kong Auxiliary Police Force on April 15, 2016 with immediate effect.
Mr Yang is the Marketing Director of Sun Hung Kai Properties. He joined the HKAPF as a Constable in April 1989 and was Deputy Commandant of HKAPF before leaving for the development giant.
Mr Yang took over the position from the retiring Commandant, James Yiu Yeung-lung (姚仰龍).
You can check out his international shooting stats here! He’s competed at the Asian Championships and the World Championships in Standard Pistol and Rapid Fire Pistol, respectively.