Updates on Carrie Lam’s cabinet
- Chief Secretary: Matthew Cheung
- Financial Secretary: Paul Chan
- Secretary for Justice: Rimsky Yuen (Staying for one year to handle co-location arrangements)
- Secretary for the Environment: Wong Kam-sing
- Secretary for Innovation and Technology: Nicholas Yang Wei-hsiung
- Secretary for the Civil Service: Clement Cheung Wan-ching
- Secretary for Home Affairs: Lau Kong-wah
Promoted from undersecretary posts:
- Secretary for Security: John Lee Ka-chiu
- Secretary for Education: Kevin Yeung Yun-hung
- Secretary for Food and Health: Sophia Chan Siu-chee
- Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury: James Lau
Promoted from other official/civil service posts:
- Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development: Edward Yau Tang-wah, CE Office Director
- Secretary for Transport and Housing: Frank Chan Fan, Director of Electrical and Mechanical Services (Could be replaced by Ingrid Yeung Ho Poi-yan, Commissioner for Transport)
- Secretary for Food and Health: Patrick Nip Tak-kuen, Permanent Secretary for Food and Health (Health)
- Secretary for Development: Tony Tse, former Architectural, Surveying, Planning and Landscape legislator (could be replaced by Frank Chan)
- Secretary for Labour and Welfare: Law Chi-kwong, Democratic Party member and Commission on Poverty member
New member of the Hong Kong Deposit Protection Board
Ms Helen Zee was appointed by the Financial Secretary as a new member of the HKDPB for a three year term, effective from July 1, 2017. She is the Deputy Chief Executive and Managing Director of Haitong International Capital Limited, as well as a member of the Securities and Futures Appeals Tribunal and the Sir Murray MacLehose Trust Fund Investment Advisory Committee. Accompanied by Zee’s appointment is the departure of Ms Kerry Ching after six years with the HKDPB.
Airport Authority Hong Kong (AA) appoints two new members
Mr Lin Jingzhen and Mr Carlson Tong were appointed as new members of the Airport Authority Hong Kong (AA) for a term of three years as of June 1, 2017. Stepping down from the AA as of June 1 is Mr Edward Cheng Wai-sun, who has been a member since June 2011.
New members of the Advisory Committee of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)
The Financial Secretary has appointed three new members (Ms Prudence Ann Bennett, Mrs Ann Kung Yeung Yun-chi, and Dr Tan Yue-heng) to the SFC Advisory Committee for a term of two years. The terms last from June 1, 2017, to May 31, 2019.
Ms Bennett has previously held a position as member of the SFC Public Shareholders Group. Mrs Yeung has joined Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited in August 2007 and has been Deputy Chief Executive of Personal Banking at Bank of China (BOC) Hong Kong Holdings Ltd since 2015. Dr Yue-heng has held the title of CEO of BOCOM International Holdings of Hong Kong
New Director-General of Investment Promotion
On May 23, 2017, the government announced Mr Stephen Christopher Phillips’ appointment as the Director-General of Investment Promotion. Phillips has held a number of senior positions in private and public organisations, such as the UK Trade & Investment (now the Department of International Trade). He has also notably served as the Chief Executive of the China Britain Business Council, a subsidiary of Bank of Communications, since July 2016.